How To Apply
- Come into the Selectmen's Office at Town Hall and obtain the appropriate application. Fill out and sign the application form and attachments.
- Obtain all applicable initial plan reviews and/or preliminary approvals from the Building, Health, and Fire Departments, and the Design Review Board, before the Common Victualler License (CVL) application is submitted to the Selectmen's Office.
- Deliver the completed and signed application form and attachments (i.e., tax certification, resumes, floor plan, and applicable parking & traffic information), along with a check for the application fee of $50.00 payable to the Town of Wellesley, to the Selectmen's Office, on the third floor of Town Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- After the application materials are received and reviewed for completeness, an interview will be scheduled with the Executive Director to discuss the applicant's plans. The applicant will then be required to appear before the Board of Selectmen during one of their regular public meetings. Staff in the Selectmen's Office will notify the applicant by telephone of the date and time of the interview.
- The Board of Selectmen reserves the right to postpone CVL approval until all issues and concerns raised by the Board are addressed by the applicant to the Board's satisfaction; and also reserves the right to deny CVL approval if the applicant fails to meet the application requirements, or does not/cannot resolve the issues and concerns raised by the Board.
- Once the Board of Selectmen approves the CVL application, the applicant will need to obtain all required Building, Health, Fire, and Design Review final approvals (i.e., permits, reviews, and/or inspections) before the CVL will be issued. If the applicant fails to obtain a required approval at any point in the process, the issuance of the CVL will be withheld until the issue or problem is resolved to the satisfaction of the appropriate approving authority.