CO and Smoke Appointments
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Inspection Appointments
All appointments should be made at least 10 business days prior to the closing. Don't waint until the last minute! To schedule an appointment, you or your agent, may call the Fire Prevention Office at (781) 235-1300 x -6229. The Fire Prevention office is open Monday thru Friday from 7 am to 5 pm.
You will either speak to an inspector or leave a message with the appropriate information on the Fire Prevention phone line. If you leave a message, your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Please have the following information available to allow us to serve you better.
Your Phone Number
Address of Inspection
Number of units in the building
Hours of inspection are between 9:30 - 1200 (on the half hour) each day and are made on a first-come, first serve basis.
The cost of the inspection is as follows
One family $50
Two Family $100
Three to Five Family $150
Six Families and above $500
Payment is made at the time of the inspection.
Payment shall be made by Bank Check or Money Order only made out to "Town of Wellesley"
Prior to the arrival of the Fire Department Inspector
- Make sure that your posted street number is visible from the street(MGL c.148 59)
- Make sure that you have the proper type of alarms
- The inspector may require that they be taken down for compliance verification
- Make sure that all alarms are installed in the proper locations.
- Make sure that all alarms are working properly.
- After passing the inspection, the fire department will issue your 26f Certificate of Compliance.
- Make sure all alarms have not expired/ (10 years for smoke alarms - 7 years for CO detectors)